COMMUNITY ALICE TASK FORCE
The United Way ALICE Project ® is a study of financial hardship based on local costs of living.
Objective: To bring together a cross-section of the community (business, government, nonprofits, faith-based) to understand the challenges facing the ALICE population (ALICE = Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) and determine possible projects the task force can advocate for and/or pursue.
Who is ALICE?– anyone employed and working hard but still struggling to make ends meet and earn enough to get from month to month. Often there is little leftover for things like savings, preventative maintenance, home ownership, quality childcare, etc.
The Helps Bulletin items below are resources for individuals in our community to share with family, friends, co-workers, employees, and the community.
Archive of past Action Bulletins:
- Summer 2022 - Housing and Finance
- Spring 2022 - Childcare, Education, Food, Transportation, Healthcare
- Jan/Feb 2022 - Community Resources and Housing Help in North Idaho
- Oct/Nov 2021 - Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act
- Aug/Sept 2021 - North ID Connections & CDAIDE
- June 2021 - Job Corps
- May 2021 - North ID Connections & CDAIDE
- April 2021 - Office Moms & Dads
- March 2021 - Housing Assistance
- February 2021 - Career Recharge Resources
- December 2020 - Workforce Training Center
- November 2020 - Heritage Health Resources
- October 2020 - Dept. of Labor
- August 2020 - Child care Resources
- June 2020 - CDA Covid-19 Grants & Resources
- February 2020 - North Idaho connections
- January 2020 - Returning Citizens: St. Vincent de Paul