COMMUNITY ALICE TASK FORCE
The United Way ALICE Project ® is a study of financial hardship based on local costs of living.
Objective: To bring together a cross-section of the community (business, government, nonprofits, faith-based) to understand the challenges facing the ALICE population (ALICE = Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) and determine possible projects the task force can advocate for and/or pursue.
Who is ALICE?– anyone employed and working hard but still struggling to make ends meet and earn enough to get from month to month. Often there is little leftover for things like savings, preventative maintenance, home ownership, quality childcare, etc.
The Action Bulletin items below are resources for individuals in our community to share with family, friends, co-workers, employees, and the community.
Archive of past Action Bulletins:
- March 2021
- February 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- August 2020
- June 2020- Community Action Partnership, Kroc Center
- February 2020 North Idaho connections,
- January 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019- Workforce training center/Centers for New directions
- August 2019 resources for parents
- July 2019-nutrition: heritage health/EatSmart Idaho/Summer CDA reads
- June 2019-CDA reads-Mountain States head start
- May 2019-FamilyWize prescriptions savings card, https://www.idahohousing.com/, free Garden starts/seeds, Idaho housing and Finance Association
- March 2019-heritage mental health, Habitat for Humanity, Attorneys NW, Idaho 211.