The Best Futures for Idaho Youth AmeriCorps Education VISTA project works to fight poverty at partner organizations across Idaho. As a collaborative effort of several United Ways and other agencies, the project promotes youth success through resource development and capacity-building for the sponsor organizations.
United Way of North Idaho is applying for a third round of its three-year AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) Project and is accepting proposals from nonprofit agencies interested in being a 2021-2023 Project Site. Through capacity-building activities such as fundraising, grant writing, research, and volunteer recruitment, AmeriCorps VISTA members enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of organizations united to lift communities out of poverty.
Currently there are several sites recruiting for positions. Click on links to view full listings! Create a profile on my.americorps.gov then submit an application to the position(s) of your choice.
AmeriCorps VISTA project sites:
United Way of North Idaho - VISTA Leader.
- Support the work and the professional development of each VISTA in the Best Futures for Idaho Youth AmeriCorps project.
Coeur d'Alene School District - HOPE on the Homefront VISTA.
- Reach out to the at-risk students and families within the CDA School District through a network of individuals, organizations, and partnerships.
Gizmo - Development Coordinator VISTA.
- Expand capacity so that under-served children and their parents receive exposure to and support of project-driven STEM education to alleviate poverty.
Gizmo - Innovative Professional Development VISTA.
- Extend the reach of STEM learning activities further into the community.
Human Rights Education Institute - HREI Higher Education Opportunities VISTA.
- Raise awareness and break barriers to educational opportunities for underserved groups especially lower-income and young women, ages 16-25, struggling with career choices.
Human Rights Education Institute - Community Resources and Engagement VISTA.
- Build organizational capacity through community partnerships, structured volunteerism, resource development, and streamlining of administrative processes.
Family Promise of the Palouse (Moscow) - Recruitment and Education VISTA.
- Help end homelessness on the Palouse by building the capacity of a volunteer recruitment and training program.
United Way of Southeastern Idaho (Pocatello) - Community Development VISTA.
- Collect and summarize data that reflects K-12 academic success in order to guide best community processes.
United Way of Idaho Falls and Bonneville County (Idaho Falls) - Community Solutions Action Plan Coordinator VISTA.
- Develop early childhood education programs, including a summer literacy/nutrition program, and a kindergarten "boot camp".